"When my money runs out, then I've got to go."
Indeed, I'm sure all Americans can relate to just how hard it can be to survive on a salary of only $168,000 a year.
Of course, the perks are nice too.
- health care from many of the nation's best doctors for just $100 per month.
- access to a staff of nearly 100 butlers, doormen, maids, drivers, chefs, waiters, "gift analyzers,'' florists, and calligraphers.
- full coverage for his travel expenses. (The total White House Staff travel budget? More than $100M a year.)
- The ability to expense a lot of his work-related costs, such as clothing, etc. (Total White House budget for expenses? About $150 million.)
- Free food, limos, first-class accomodations, etc.
- The right to dine in the White House Mess, personally catered to by a Navy steward.
- Being served your favorite drink in a crystal glass each time you board Air Force One... whether you're thirsty or not.
Let's hope Mr. Snow can get on the lecture circuit, become a lobbyist, and/or get hired back by Fox News/ Clear Channel -- with a big pay bonus, no doubt -- before he is forced to slip into the upper upper middle class!