Abusive behavior to women:
- Accosted a female crew member on the "Terminator 2" set -- Schwarzenegger approached a fortyish female crew member out of the blue, put his hands into her blouse and pulled her breasts out of her bra. An observer said: "I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This woman's nipples were exposed, and here's Arnold and a few of his clones laughing." The woman in question broke into tears and fled to a nearby trailer.
- Best summary of this is 'Arnold the Barbarian", an article by Premiere Magazine in March 2001. (... and still viewable thanks to archive.org!)
- In Nov. 2000, he pulled British TV commentator Anna Richardson onto his lap after an interview, grabbed her breast, and squeezed her nipple -- all without any kind of permission. She stood up and told him "You�re making me nervous." But Arnold told her to relax and pulled her back on his knee. Finally, he let her up, patting her ass as she went off.
- One of his mentors in the bodybuilding business, Joe Weider, told Nigel Andrews, author of "True Myths: The Life and Times of Arnold Schwarzenegger", stories of Arnold giving women autographs in exchange for fondling their breasts.
"When you see a blonde with great tits and a great ass, you say to yourself, 'Hey, she must be stupid or must have nothing else to offer', which maybe is the case many times. But then again there is the one that is as smart as her breasts look, great as her face looks, beautiful as her whole body looks gorgeous, you know, so people are shocked." - Esquire Magazine, July, 2003
- Told Playboy in 1988 that he would never allow his wife or mother to wear trousers when they were seen with him on the grounds that dresses are more feminine.
A woman who once worked with him has alleged that, one day on set, she went to fetch Schwarzenegger from his trailer when a shot became possible earlier than expected, only to discover him performing oral sex on a woman she didn't recognise. He looked up and explained: "Eating isn't cheating."
- Schwarzenegger dropped out of the California governor's race in 2001, a day after he learned the National Enquirer was running a story about an alleged affair with a 41 year old brunette. More damning, however, was that this appears to have been a longterm affair with statutory rape -- she was 16 when he first had sex with her -- he was 28 at the time. The two supposedly became lovers again in 1989 and continued to see each other until 1996, when she fell in love with another man.
Lied about not doing recreational drugs in Playboy interview.
Lied about doing nude photos in the past.
Admited recently to previous use of marajuana, but lied about it when asked in an interview in the January 1988 edition of Playboy. He also admits to having used steroids. Smoked pot in the documentary film "Pumping Iron". Some questions exist regarding his possible advocacy of or supplying to others illegal steroids.
Early on in his career, he took pictures, such as this one. Some suspect he was considering making extra money in the gay pornography industry, which was one way that some bodybuilders could suplement their income.
Has had heart surgery, possibly due to damage caused by steroids.
- Openly supported Kurt Waldheim, a former Austrian politician who participated in Nazi atrocities during World War II. Schwarzenegger�s name remained on Waldheim�s campaign posters, even after allegations of Mr. Waldheim's war crimes were brought to light. Mr. Waldheim was even invited to Arnold's wedding. Ties to Mr. Waldheim are as recent as 1998.
- Father was a member of the Austrian Nazi Party. In the early '90s, Spy Magazine printed his father's Nazi Party membership in their magazine.
- After several public claims of racism were made against him that could effect his career and longterm political chances, Schwarzenegger donated substantial sums to the Simon Weisenthal Center in Los Angeles and commissioned an "audit" of his father's nazi past, essentially buying off potential criticism. He never distanced himself from Kurt Waldheim, however -- quite the opposite. He made a statement to friends, saying "My friends don�t want me to mention Kurt�s name, because of all the recent Nazi stuff and the U.N. controversy, but I love him and Maria does too, and so thank you, Kurt." He ties to Mr. Waldheim are as recent as 1998.
- March 1992 Spy Magazine article mentions a story confirmed by "a businessman and longtime friend of Schwarzenegger's" -- that in the '70s Arnold "enjoyed playing and giving away records of Hitler's speeches."
Stance on issues:
- So far unwilling/unable to provide any details on his public platform or how he will fix California's problems.
- Campaigning to pop culture / entertainment shows and not giving access to serious interviewers.
- didn't vote in five out of the last eleven elections.
- Supported 1994 ballot measure to deny social services to illegal immigrants.
- Had a private meeting on May 26, 2001 with former Enron CEO Kenneth Lay, where Lay sought support for his solution to the California energy crisis, opposing price caps on electricity and federal assistance. The Bush administration supported Lay's solution and stood by while Enron defrauded Californians out of billions... but it is currently unknown whether Schwarzenegger used his influence to drum up support for Lay's plan.
- possibly a party to a rigged 1970 Mr. Universe pageant
- Schwartzenegger reportedly said on-camera during the filming of "Pumping Iron" that he "admired" Hitler. The footage was not used in the final version of the movie.
- "I wanted to be part of the small percentage of people who were leaders, not the large mass of followers. I think it is because I saw leaders use 100 per cent of their potential.... I was always fascinated by people in control of other people."
- "I look down on people who are waiting, who are helpless."
- "That's the ultimate power -- your vocabulary. How you communicate. Study vocabulary. The more words you have, the better you can communicate, and the quicker you can put someone away."